Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Is UC Losing Relevance?

This question kept popping into my mind over the past couple of weeks, during which I was involved in four telecom events. Don't get me wrong - I'm a big fan of Unified Communications, and write about it regularly in a few places. However, my basic takeway is that UC isn't keeping pace with how quickly things like BYOD and social media are seeping into our lives - and the workplace.

There's a lot invested in UC, and I'm getting a sense there's a gap growing between what vendors are bringing to market, and what end users and IT is being drawn to. It's a confusing mix for sure, and hopefully I can stir the pot a bit here and get some productive dialog going.

So, to read all about it, "Is UC Losing Relvance?" is running now on the UCStrategies portal. See you there!

No comments: