Friday, March 20, 2015

Energy Thought Summit, Austin - Final Shout-Out and Recap of my Posts

Travel plans are set for Austin, and ETS15 is around the corner. I'll be flying down on Monday, and the precon events kick off Tuesday morning. If you only know me as a tech/telecom analyst following VoIP, UC, collaboration etc., then you don't have the whole story. Just search my blog and you'll find lots there about my smart grid hat which I've been wearing for many years.

This may seem like a disparate space, but in fact, the disruption underway in energy with big, regulated utilities is going to play out exactly like telecom has over the past 10 years or so. There's huge overlap with communications technologies, and if you don't see that, then check out how big the smart grid/smart cities opportunity is for the likes of Cisco, MSFT, IBM, Google, etc.

With that said, I'm an Advisor to Austin-based Zpryme Research, and have been actively involved with both their thriving market research practice in this space, along with ETS, which is quickly evolving into a franchise-type concept that brings top thought leaders together to share and create new visions for the energy economy.

So, here's a last call for ETS15, and whether you just want to see what it's all about or register to attend, please check out the website.

I'll be quite visible throughout the event, and over the past few weeks I've also served as the Community Advocate to help promote ETS15. A key part of that has been developing content for the ETS Insights portal, and I've authored a number of articles there to give readers a sense of what to expect at the conference. For the record, you can review my posts here, and I hope you spend some time at the portal where you can see the rest of our content.

Smart Transportation - Another Sign of What's Coming at ETS15

Jon Arnold's Q&A with ETS Chairman, Andres Carvallo

ETS Q&A with Direct Energy

Two Doctors in the House for ETS15 - Dr. Goodenough and Dr. Amin

ETS Precon Day - Three More Reasons to Join us in Austin

ETS Q&A with Scott Jacobs, Generate Capital

Q&A with ETS President, Andrew Johnston

What Role will Utilities Play with Consumers and Smart Grid?

ETS Speaker Updates

ETS Preview - my Q&A with Zpryme's Jason Rodriguez

What to Expect at ETS15

ETS - More Than a Conference

No comments: