Monday, July 19, 2010

Will the Shoe Phone Make a Comeback?

My answer is definitely no, but now that I have you, I wanted to share a guest article that was posted today on The Mark. This is a Toronto-based online news/culture portal that I contribute to occasionally, and aside from my article, I'm happy to bring it to your attention. You don't have to be Canadian to enjoy it. Their content is far ranging, but always interesting, balanced and challenging. That's the kind of read I like, and I bet you do too.

I'm glad to be one of the voices here, and they asked me to write about a technology trend as part of a broader series titled Twelve Things That Will Be Obsolete in 10 Years. I've been writing about where telecom is going a fair bit lately, so this was a great chance for me to put on my predictor hat. I don't see my beloved Maxwell Smart's shoe phone in this world, but I don't think there will many telephones around by then either. If this gets you thinking, please give it a read, and let me know what you think!

No comments: