Thursday, June 5, 2014

Infographic - The Rise and Fall of Nortel

Well, here's a new way to tell an old story.

I do various forms of writing for Ziff Davis B2B, but you can also tell a story pretty well with pictures. Infographics have become a good canvas for that, especially since people are so saturated with content all day long. I worry that I'll be out of work if people can't be bothered to read anything longer than 140 characters, so best to go with what's working.

Recently, I wrote a series of posts for Ziff Davis about Nortel's demise, along with a well-attended webinar on the topic. Nortel still resonates with most people I know, so as a companion to all this writing and talking, they engaged me to develop a storyline outlining the company's rise and fall.

I put the pieces together a few weeks back, but graphics take a while to develop, and that's the downside compared to writing and posting on the spot. Anyhow, it was just posted the other day, and if you want an easy-on-the-eyes recap of Nortel's roller coaster rise and fall, here's the infographic.

Comments are welcome, and if you like what you see, tell them you want to see more infographics like this. My PR director will be grateful!

No comments: