Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Cisco Cius - Will it Succeed/Can it Succeed?

Many questions around last week's launch of Cisco Cius, and I posted some initial thoughts following the in-person demo I saw here in Toronto. Opinions are all over the map about Cius, and there is no shortage of people who think or want it to fail. That's fine, but I think Cisco has done a lot of things right here, and while they may not succeed right away (or at all), this looks to me like what collaboration will become once the market catches up to this technology.

Some of this is ahead of the market still, but there's plenty there to get excited about if you're a Cisco shop and you think video is the way to go. Of course, if you still think that voice and telecom is the gold standard for communicating, then Cius is a huge waste of time and money. That may be where a lot of enterprise sentiment lies today, but I do believe that video will drive the future, and tablets will be a big part of that.

If you're still with me, then I welcome you to read my longer post today, which runs on the UCStrategies portal. There's a lot to like about Cius for UC followers, and I'd love to hear your thoughts.

No comments: